It’s S.T.A.R. season once again! During the annual Help a S.T.A.R. (Sad Tree Along Road) program, residents spread holiday cheer by decorating trees along public roads. If you're participating this year, just make sure to follow these rules:
- Choose a tree in a safe location and be cautious when crossing streets.
- If the tree is on private property, ask permission before you decorate.
- Follow all HOA rules and regulations.
- Use decorations that are not a danger to wildlife (no tinsel!), and make sure they are attached securely to the tree with zip ties, pipe cleaners, or wire.
- Clean up all your decorations by Tuesday, Jan. 3.
Be sure to take a picture of your tree and share it on social media with #HelpaSTAR! Have fun enjoying this great tradition, Flower Mound!